Project Evident Job Opportunity
Grants and contracts manager
Project Evident is finalizing an ambitious proof of concept phase to develop, demonstrate and plan the future of a shared services platform for continuous evidence building in the social sector. As such, we are building upon the founding team to implement a strong strategic plan, deliver results against project milestones and contribute to the culture and success of Project Evident and the nonprofits, funders and communities we endeavor to support.
Over the next two years Project Evident will expand services and deliver services to nonprofit organizations, develop tools for a shared resources platform, and incubate a learning agenda for funders and other key stakeholders. Ultimately our efforts will strengthen the evidence ecosystem and pipeline for follow on funding, pay for success opportunities and for rigorous third party evaluation.
At the heart of our work is a belief in strong communities and a shared commitment to support the leaders of effective social innovation with evidence building to improve practice. Their questions, well answered, will inform policy and scale knowledge and learning in line with business and operating realities. Funders, data and technology firms, and researchers play vitally important roles in fueling and supporting efforts to improve, build evidence, and scale. Project Evident engages these stakeholders in strengthening the larger evidence ecosystem.
Project Evident intends to build a culture reflective of our work as co-creators and collaborators of evidence that strengthens nonprofits, informs the field and improves the communities we all serve. We are looking for people who actively demonstrate/practice the following principles:
- Seek Partnership – we may bring expertise but we are not the experts, we are all co-learners and co-developers. Actively seeking to bring positive energy, build trust & combine with our team and our partners proving a concept is not possible without co-creation. It’s not track (personal best) it’s soccer (stretch the field).
- Check Yourself – acknowledge and actively manage bias, context, self-image and challenges and be transparent to your team and partners. Ask for help. Be authentic.
- Add Value, Own the Outcome – regardless of role or position, do what it takes to speak up, engage and advance the work. Make good.
- Listen, Learn & Follow Up Rapidly – there is no other way to be a trusted advisor.
- Consistently SWAP –
- Smart - as in find the smart solution, not be the smartest person in the room
- Warm - be positive, empathic and caring about the challenges to be addresses
- Approachable - be accessible, open and helpful, generous with time and ideas
- Productive - set goals, clarify roles, do what we say we are going to do, on time, follow up quickly.
Position Summary - Grants and Contract Manager
Project Evident is hiring a full-‐time, temporary Grants and Contracts Manager to manage our sub grants and vendor contracts. The Grants and Contracts Manager will work with a collaborative high-‐impact team in a start-‐up organizational culture, reporting to a Partner. The Grants and Contracts Manager will oversee the grants management and contract system, including the drafting of contracts, MOU’s and processing of invoices and payments. Regular tasks include managing grant development, submission and reporting; drafting of contracts, payment processing, and monitoring of grants: contract management will include including the drafting of contracts, MOU’s and processing of invoices and payments. In addition, the Grants and Contracts Manager will be responsible for coordinating with administrative staff, consultants and others on processing grants and contracts and ensuring timely communication on grant and contract status. This position requires extreme attention to detail, ability to manage or switch among multiple tasks rapidly, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Provide grant management support to Project Evident team members responsible for ensuring strategic fundraising goals are met
- Researches grant opportunities for the purpose of developing funding resources for both current and proposed services, programs and administrative operations
- Develop and maintain grants and contracting systems
- Develops forms, processes, procedures, and policies for the purpose of implementing a consistent grant application methodology. Develops grant applications and related documents (e.g. required reports, budgets, specific inquiries, etc.) for the purpose of submitting highly effective grant applications to the appropriate funding source
- Administer and monitor grants and contracts with the assistance of Salesforce.com
- Ensure timely payments to our contract vendors.
- Monitor contracts and grants to ensure they meet agreed terms.
- Coordinate closely with our fiscal sponsor in processing contracts, grants, and payments.
- Communicate with contractors and funders as needed
- Manage internal grant and contracts audits and coordinate with any external audits
- Train staff on grant and contracting policies
- Prepare letters to accompany disbursements as needed.
- Respond to campaign team requests in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with campaign team members.
- Organize and monitor grant reporting from our grantees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Impeccable attention to detail and extremely high standards for accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a busy, multi-‐tasking, and time-‐pressured environment
- Capacity for engaging diverse constituencies in a supportive respectful manner
- Ability to engage with an open mind, think critically, and problem-‐solve while seeing a project through to completion
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and listen and learn from feedback
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency using office productivity software, including Microsoft Office and Salesforce
Education and Experience
- 3-5 + years of professional experience in grants or contracts related work
- Experience working with diverse communities and a deep commitment to social and racial justice
- Position reports directly to a Partner
- Requires sitting, talking and listening for up to 8 hours per day. Certain situations may require lifting items up to 20 pounds.
Ability to work with a virtual team and travel multiple times per month; position preferably based in Boston or New York
Project Evident, a project of Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process.
Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com