Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- Building Dashboards That Inform and Inspire, Tableau's webinar series, features live and on-demand webinars that cover best practices, suggestions for user engagement and design tricks.
- #WhatWorks Reading List, a great compilation by Results for America, highlights insightful books, articles, reports, podcasts and videos.
- Global Philanthropy Data Charter 2017 - Second Edition, recently released by Foundation Center and WINGS: "Access to readily available, high-quality data will improve philanthropy’s efficiency, influence, and impact, and highlight its role and contribution to society alongside other stakeholders such as governments, multilateral organizations, civil society, academia, the private sector individuals, communities, and beneficiaries." Couldn't have said it better.
- First, Do No Harm: Ethical Guidelines for Applying Predictive Tools Within Human Services from MetroLab Network with support from AECF, offers up a core set of principles to consider when using predictive risk models in human services organizations.
- Hugs and Algorithms-- a TEDx talk from Sam Cobbs, CEO of First Place for Youth-- delivers a strong message about combining evidence-driven practices with individualized support.