Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- What’s Standing In The Way Of The Spread Of Evidence-Based Programs? via Bridgespan: It may be that the "supply-side" disseminators of EBPs are not working effectively to expand their reach.
- Evidence In Action: Using Evidence As A Tool, Not An Axe via America Forward (h/t Abt Associates): Why requiring i3 grantees to report all of their evaluation findings is valuable -- and what we still need to do to create “a learning culture in which null or negative findings are a tool and not an axe.”
- Social And Emotional Learning Interventions Under The Every Student Succeeds Act: Evidence Review via the Wallace Foundation: RAND outlines opportunities to fund social-emotional learning through ESSA, and identifies 60 SEL interventions from elementary to high school that meet ESSA evidence requirements.
- The Integrated Data System Approach: A Vehicle To More Effective And Efficient Data-driven Solutions In Government via Actionable Intelligence for Social Policy: How governments are using an Integrated Data Systems approach “are producing, in a sustainable real-time manner, actionable intelligence to advance social problem solving” (coauthored by Project Evident advisor Dennis Culhane).
- Staying Connected: How Five Foundations Understand Those They Seek to Help via CEP: Grantees of these five foundations rate them as having a good understanding of beneficiary needs -- what are they doing that sets them apart?