Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- To Base US Policy On Evidence, We Need To Be Able To Say The Word via SSIR: “The Trump administration wants to ban terms like “evidence-based’ from government reporting. But if policymakers can’t make budget and policy decisions based on evidence, what, exactly, is supposed to guide them?”
- Even Imperfect Algorithms Can Improve the Criminal Justice System via the New York Times (h/t MDRC): “Poorly designed algorithms can indeed exacerbate historical inequalities, but well-designed algorithms can mitigate pernicious problems with unaided human decisions.”
- The Data-Enabled Executive: Using Analytics For Student Success And Sustainability via The American Council on Education (h/t Politico): How higher education leaders can effectively use data analytics to address student outcomes, equity and inclusion, resource strategies, and infrastructure.
- How's My Program Doing? The Question That Doesn't Always Have a Good Answer via Governing (h/t MDRC): Is establishing program evaluation offices in government agencies “a no-brainer”?
- Why Your Non-Profit Needs To Be Data-Centric via Boost Labs: Do you trust your data more than your assumptions? Data-centric nonprofits do.