Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- How Can Summer Jobs Reduce Crime Among Youth? via the Brookings Institution: In a randomized study of a summer youth employment program, participants had fewer arraignments for violent and property crimes as well as improved aspirations, attitudes, and skills -- including social-emotional skills.
- Can Evidence-based Policy Ameliorate The Nation’s Social Problems? via MDRC: The authors argue that the traditional linear model of evidence building (development, testing, replication, and then scaling) doesn’t capture how evidence building, implementation, and adaptation really interact.
- Blending Evaluative And Organizational Development via SSIR: Nonprofits’ program evaluation questions are often intertwined with questions about organizational strategy; consultants who combine both perspectives can produce more targeted and meaningful results for their clients.
- Logic Models For Selecting, Designing, And Implementing Evidence-based School Leadership Interventions via the Wallace Foundation: This guide prepared by RAND walks through how to develop ESSA-compliant logic models and includes several examples.
- Creating Social Change And Student Success via Inside Higher Ed (h/t CABS at MDRC): Three ways to use behavioral science to promote college completion.