On Our Radar - January 18, 2018
Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- ESSA Leverage Points: 50-State Report on Promising Practices for Using Evidence to Improve Student Outcomes via Results for America: All but five state ESSA plans included at least one promising practice for building and using evidence; this report identifies trends and leaders.
- Children Need More From Congress In 2018 via Child Trends: Simple advice to legislators: pay attention to science, fund evidence-based policies, and embrace common ground around data.
- Call for Papers: Educational Research in a New Data Environment via SREE: The Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness is seeking papers that address new forms and sources of data (e.g., data from administrative sources, MOOCs, social networks, and genetics).
- Stop Raising Awareness Already via SSIR: A clear theory of change can help organizations avoid common pitfalls of awareness-raising campaigns and actually change targeted behaviors.
- 5 Impact-Giving Trends From 2017 And 5 Predictions For 2018: Project Evident was excited to be mentioned as an organization helping philanthropy shift focus from overhead to outcomes.