Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- Can Measures Change the World? via SSIR: How can measures change behavior, aside from through accountability? “In new or emerging initiatives … it seems more appropriate to use measures ... to start conversations, not settle arguments.”
- Prescriptive Analytics for Nonprofits—How Data Technology Can Transform the Way We Work via npEngage: “This idea of data technology being assistive and helping us make better decisions is still relatively new, especially in the social sector, but it has the power to transform the way we work.”
- Moneyball for Higher Education: How Federal Leaders Can Use Data and Evidence to Improve Student Outcomes via Results for America: 13 steps federal government should take to advance the use of data and evidence to help college students learn more and graduate.
- Evaluation Reports: Moving From Dusty Shelves Into Action via Abt Associates: Why evidence isn’t always used to improve development programs, and what donors and evaluators can do about it.
- From Input To Ownership: How Nonprofits Can Engage With The People They Serve To Carry Out Their Missions via Bridgespan: Constituents can be engaged in a range of ways, from simple feedback to true ownership; the authors recommended starting with input as a first step.