On Our Radar - March 1
Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- SREE Spring Conference: Look out for Project Evident team members Beth Boulay and Jason Snipes at the SREE Spring 2018 conference in Washington, DC this week!
- AEI’s President on Measuring the Impact of Ideas via Harvard Business Review: Arthur C. Brooks explains the “pointillistic” approach his think tank is taking to tracking its effectiveness.
- The Misguided Drive to Measure ‘Learning Outcomes’ via The New York Times: A professor argues that the trend toward quantifying “learning outcomes” at colleges and universities is consuming resources, especially for less selective schools, and poorly aligned with the true value of post-secondary education.
- Introducing Good Measure via the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation: A group of Central Texas funders have launched an initiative to improve evaluation capacity among nonprofits, increase access to community data, and “promote a shared vision for evaluation & learning.”
- Announcing The Interactive Data Visualization Checklist via Evergreen Data: Upload your data visualization and see how it rates against best practices.