Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- [EVENT] Opportunities and Challenges for the Use of Evidence: Lessons Learned in the Past 20 Years hosted by the Bipartisan Policy Center and the Forum for Youth Event (h/t Nick Hart): This panel event on Feb. 28 in Washington, DC will examine how recent Administrations have approached evidence, and discuss opportunities and challenges for evidence-based policymaking today.
- Data-Driven Women to Watch via Bloomberg Cities: Meet six of the women who are “leading the public-sector data revolution” from Raleigh to Kansas City to San Jose.
- Chasing the Holy Grail of Outcomes via SSIR: Peter Fortenbaugh, Executive Director of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula (a Project Evident partner) asks how far nonprofits should go in evaluating their work.
- Feedback from the People Served by Nonprofits and Foundations via Harder + Company: As part of the Fund for Shared Insight’s Listen for Good project, nearly 30,000 people rated 46 nonprofits using common survey questions. What can we learn from their responses?
- How Early Implementation Research Can Inform Program Scale-Up Efforts via MDRC: The authors offer a list of early-stage implementation questions to inform future replication and growth that can be asked “even in evaluations of programs that are operating as pilots, demonstrations, or early efficacy tests.”