On Our Radar - March 15
Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- AEA Graduate Education Diversity Internship - Host Site Application via AEA: Does your organization want to build evaluation capacity by hosting a graduate student intern from a background under-represented in the field? Apply online by April 18 for internships beginning in September.
- What Works Coalition Letter to Congress via Results for America: Project Evident was one of 150 signatories to this letter asking Congress to support results-driven and evidence-based policy in FY19 appropriations.
- Evidence and Gap Maps: A Launchpad for Strategic Evidence Creation and Use via Centre for Homelessness Impact (h/t SIRC): According to a new “evidence map,” research on programs that combat homelessness has increased and many programs do appear to be effective -- but many effects are small and effective programs are often complex.
- Weaving Together Accountability and Learning in Complex Situations via Mark Cabaj (h/t Tamarack Institute): Social innovators tackling complex problems -- and their funders -- need to take an adaptive approach. When it comes to evaluation, that means balancing learning and accountability.
- Fresno’s Support of Students’ College Access, From Application to Enrollment via the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: How one school district implemented a continuous improvement approach to ensure that college-ready students took advantage of their postsecondary options. “In the first year, FUSD saw a 50 percent increase in the number of low-income students applying to CSU and UC schools outside of Fresno—a big win.”