On Our Radar - March 22
Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- Do You Have an Impact Culture? An Organizational Checklist to Up Your Game via Social Impact Architects (h/t Leap Ambassadors): Assess whether your organization has “an impact culture that is energized by data, curious to learn, takes deliberate action and embraces change.”
- Building the Evaluation Capacity of School and District Leaders via the U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology (h/t Mathematica): Topics covered in this ongoing 7-week blog series include creating a culture of evaluation in school districts, rapid cycle evaluations for education technology, and measuring non-academic outcomes.
- How States Use Data to Inform Decisions via the Pew Charitable Trusts (h/t SIRC): This “first comprehensive overview of how data is being utilized in all 50 states” highlights cases in which states have used advanced analytics with administrative data to inform policy responses, improve service delivery, manage resources, and test effectiveness.
- Denver Center Theatre Company is Cracking the Millennial Code...One Step at a Time via the Wallace Foundation: How one theater company is experimenting and adjusting based on audience feedback to find what types of performances will attract and retain younger audiences and help it be financially sustainable.
- Building Strong Evidence in Challenging Contexts: Alternatives to Traditional Randomized Controlled Trials via OPRE (h/t SIRC): This meeting summary identifies several study designs that may be options when a randomized study isn’t possible or appropriate, with links to more information and examples.