Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- How to solve U.S. social problems when most rigorous program evaluations find disappointing effects via Straight Talk On Evidence: In the first article in a series, LJAF’s Evidence-Based Policy team identifies a challenge: "when rigorously evaluated, most social programs and practices are found not to produce the hoped-for improvements in people’s lives.
- Data Culture Project via DataBasic.io: This joint project of the MIT Center for Civic Media and Engagement Lab @ Emerson College provides self-service learning modules designed to help non-profit organizations build data cultures.
- Connecting the Dots: A Guide to Leveraging Federal Funding Streams via Jobs for the Future: This interactive tool provides an overview of 140 federal funding streams across nine different federal agencies that communities can use to better align and coordinate resources that support cradle-to-career programs.
- Performance Imperative Release 2.0 via Leap Ambassadors Community: This latest version of the framework includes resources on constituent feedback, advocacy, empathy, succession planning, diversity, and transparency.
- The Evidence Continuum via Corporation for National & Community Service: Part of CNCS's Evaluation Resources & Training collection, the continuum demonstrates how the infusion of progressively rigorous evaluation and measurement into every phase of a program’s lifecycle builds a cumulative evidence base for a program.