Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- The Power of Data in the World of Social Justice via Berkeley School of Information: A profile of DataKind and its work forging partnerships with nonprofits to provide predictive analytics capacity to use data effectively.
- Bringing Rigor to Relevant Questions via William T. Grant Foundation: "Researchers who want their work to matter in policy and practice should begin by identifying the questions of greatest relevance and then bring the highest standards of theoretical and methodological rigor to those questions."
- Ten Reasons Not to Measure Impact— and What to Do Instead via SSIR: Organizations must build an internal culture in which the right data are regularly collected, analyzed, and applied to manage implementation and improve programs.
- Top 21 Free Qualitative Data Analysis Software via Predictive Analytics Today: Alternatives to proprietary software for performing qualitative data analysis.
- In Defense of Data: A Funder’s Journey to Support Continuous Improvement via Northern California Grantmakers: In San Francisco on June 21? Join Danielle Scaturro from PropelNext and Project Evident's Kelly Fitzsimmons as they discuss investing in nonprofits to support continuous improvement.