Great resources and ideas from around the web, updated weekly.
- Insights from a Pathways Partner: Innovation Through Collaboration via Independent Sector: some thoughts about Pathways, an IS initiative “designed to explore and elevate evidence-based successes from local and national settings.” Sarah Peters, our Director of Policy and Evidence, recently participated in a panel focused on how evidence-based practices can drive better outcomes for students. (Wonderful visual meeting notes below!)
- To work for society, data scientists need a Hippocratic oath with teeth via Wired UK: A great interview on data ethics and other topics with Cathy O’Neil, author of Weapons of Math Destruction: How Big Data Increases Inequality and Threatens Democracy.
- The Brain Science Is In: Students' Emotional Needs Matter via Education Week: Jim Shelton, lead for education efforts at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, makes a case for building on the growing body of science that supports children's learning and development.
- Rapid Cycle Testing – Inspiration from the US via Dartington Service Design Lab: we recent had a wonderful chat with our kindred spirits from across the pond. Here's their take on rapid cycle testing (RCT2, as they termed it), reinforced through discussions with leaders from CEO & VPP.
- Cities, CDOs and the Power of Networking via Governing (h/t LJAF): Key recommendations distilled from the Civics Analytics network, a peer network of Chief Data Officers of US cities.